Monday, August 23, 2010

Marin Special Salad

So I promised Heather I would post this salad that my mom made the other night!  It is delicious... well Joey didn't like it but big surprise!  Lol   I love the dressing and took the left overs home and used the dressing to make a yummy pasta salad!  So here's the recipe...

Marin Special Salad

1 cup Walnuts
2 Tbs. Butter
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tbs. coarse Ground Pepper
8 ounces baby greens (well chilled)
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 lb. feta cheese, crumbled

Dressing:
2 tsp. sugar
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 red onion, cut up
1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup parsley (about 1/2 bunch)
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil

Melt the butter in a saute pan, add walnuts and saute over medium heat for about five minutes, being very careful not to let them burn.  Meanwhile, mix the sugar and caoarse ground pepper in a bowl; add the walnuts when they are done.  Put all dressing ingredients in a blender and whirl until all are well intergrated.  Mix all salad ingredients and toss well with dressing.    

PREPARE AHEAD OF TIME AND REFRIGERATE! 

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. yay! When I get back from my trip I am going to try this out for sure!

    ReplyDelete